Really good and very easy. I used one 8 ounce chicken breast (for 2 of us) that I halved horizontally and leftover Classico Fire Roasted Pizza sauce. Really tasted like chicken parm and perfect for a good weeknight dinner with a salad.
Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 16mg
- Sodium: 942mg
- Calcium: 227mg
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 chicken breast tenders (about 12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 (2-ounce) sandwich rolls
- 1 cup bottled tomato-and-basil pasta sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Mix breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in a separate shallow dish. Dip chicken tenders in egg whites, then dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center. Set aside.
- 3. Slice the rolls in half horizontally. Place rolls on a baking sheet, crust side down, and broil 8 inches from heat until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- 4. Spread some pasta sauce over bottom halves of rolls; top with chicken tenders, cutting to fit, if necessary. Top with more sauce; then sprinkle each with shredded provolone and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Place bottom halves under broiler to melt the cheese, about 3 minutes. Top with the remaining roll halves, and serve immediately.
- Quick tip: This'll give you 20 percent of your daily calcium.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This