Chicken Parmesan (Parade Magazine)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 clove(s) garlic powder Minced
- 1 medium onion Chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) red or white wine
- 3 14.5 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley divided plus for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup(s) freshly graded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound(s) thin linguine cooked al dente
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves poundedhalves pounded to uniform thinness
- Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste on a large plate. Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, then dredge them in seasoned flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Fry chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet;keep warm. Add garlic and onion in pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and scrape skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Add 1/8 cup parsley and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Arrange chicken on top of sauce; sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover skillet and simmer until cheese melts and chicken is hot. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup parsley. Put pasta on plates;top with chicken, sauce and parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LouEllaFarler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Parmesan (Parade Magazine) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes