Chicken Parmesan Panini
William Sonoma Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- In this clever twist on classic chicken Parmesan, we transform the ingredients into delicious grilled sandwiches.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, cut each one in half and pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 3-quart sauté pan over medium heat, warm the 1 cup oil to 350°F. Brush the rolls on both sides with oil. Preheat an electric panini press to medium. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Put the flour and eggs in separate breading trays or bowls. In another tray or bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip the chicken into the eggs, letting the excess drip off. Place the chicken in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing gently so the crumbs adhere.
- Place 2 chicken pieces in the hot oil in the sauté pan and fry, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to the paper towel-lined baking sheet. Repeat to fry the remaining chicken.
- Place 1 piece of chicken on the bottom of each roll and top with 1/3 cup mozzarella, 1 Tbs. basil and 1/4 cup tomato sauce. Cover with the top halves of the rolls. Place 2 of the sandwiches on the preheated panini press, close the lid and cook until the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Repeat to cook the remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
- Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Parmesan Panini Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches