These were really good. I used my new KitchenAId attachment to grind my own chicken breasts. That was fun for both me and my kids. I did add some garlic powder to the mix along with a little bit of Panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. I also did add some chopped basil to the mix. I agree with everyone else that they are a little mushy at first but they stick together very well and cook up so easily. My whole family lived them. They tasted like something that would come from a restaurant. I will try provolone cheese and parsley next time.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Get out of your burger rut with these ground chicken parmesan burgers. Grill then serve on ciabatta rolls and top with marianara sauce and mozzarella.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 55.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 742mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 2 (3-ounce) square ciabatta rolls
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons lower-sodium marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 basil leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut rolls in half. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bread from pan. Rub each slice with cut side of garlic. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 4. Combine chicken, 1/3 cup marinara, rosemary, thyme, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Divide into 2 portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook for 3 minutes. Turn patties, and place pan in oven. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons cheese; bake 1 minute.
- 5. Layer bottom half of each roll with 2 basil leaves, 1 patty, 1 tablespoon marinara, 2 basil leaves, and roll top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note