These were really good. I used my new KitchenAId attachment to grind my own chicken breasts. That was fun for both me and my kids. I did add some garlic powder to the mix along with a little bit of Panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. I also did add some chopped basil to the mix. I agree with everyone else that they are a little mushy at first but they stick together very well and cook up so easily. My whole family lived them. They tasted like something that would come from a restaurant. I will try provolone cheese and parsley next time.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 55.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 742mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 2 (3-ounce) square ciabatta rolls
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons lower-sodium marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 basil leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut rolls in half. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bread from pan. Rub each slice with cut side of garlic. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 4. Combine chicken, 1/3 cup marinara, rosemary, thyme, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Divide into 2 portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook for 3 minutes. Turn patties, and place pan in oven. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons cheese; bake 1 minute.
- 5. Layer bottom half of each roll with 2 basil leaves, 1 patty, 1 tablespoon marinara, 2 basil leaves, and roll top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note