- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Combine breadcrumbs, flour, and ground red pepper in a small bowl, and set aside.
Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Dip 1 chicken breast in egg whites, and coat with breadcrumb mixture. Dip again in egg mixture, and coat again in breadcrumb mixture.
Repeat procedure with remaining chicken breast.
Cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done.
Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top evenly with Tomato Sauce and cheeses.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheeses melt.