Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless, skinless checken breast halves
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) wine (white or red)
- 1 (20 oz) can(s) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 4 slice(s) provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound(s) linguine cooked al dente
- Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, then dredge them in seasoned flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high. Fry chicken until golden, remove from skillet and keep warm. Add garlic and onion to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and scrape skillet, getting flavorful bits off bottom. Cook for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Add 1/8 cup parsley and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Arrange chicken on top of sauce; sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top. Cover skillet and simmer until cheese melts and chicken is hot; place one slice provolone on each chicken breast and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Put pasta on plates and top with chicken and sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ybkinid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Parmesan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes