I followed recipe to the T . I'm a newly learning cook lol:) so I tend to stay on the safe side for 1st time recipes , that being said it was still a good dish chicken was moist & tender . Next time I will defiantly add some more seasoning to breadcrumb mixture I like more flavor and I like my chicken parm a little on the crispier side so I think I will broil it for a few min too to crisp it up . Overall I would give this dish a 2.5 stars & will attempt again making some slight modifications.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine breadcrumbs, flour, and ground red pepper in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip 1 chicken breast in egg whites, and coat with breadcrumb mixture. Dip again in egg mixture, and coat again in breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat procedure with remaining chicken breast.
- Cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top evenly with Tomato Sauce and cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheeses melt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note