Love this recipe, and have made it many times! It doesn't make enough sauce for my taste, so I usu end up adding jar sauce or doubling the sauce recipe. I place it in a 8x11 aluninum pan and broil it. The sauce is enjoyable with either balsamic or red wine - the balsamic makes a sweeter sauce.
This can be put together in a large shallow dish, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 614
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 49.1g
- Carbohydrate: 74.8g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 6.1mg
- Sodium: 937mg
- Calcium: 375mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 3 cups Ultimate Quick-and-Easy Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour. Dip in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg whites, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place 1 cup spaghetti in each of 4 gratin dishes. Spoon 1/2 cup Ultimate Quick-and-Easy Pasta Sauce over each serving. Top each with 1 chicken breast half. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat broiler. Place gratin dishes on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note