- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 3 cups Ultimate Quick-and-Easy Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- calories 614
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 49.1 g
- carbohydrate 74.8 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- cholesterol 86 mg
- iron 6.1 mg
- sodium 937 mg
- calcium 375 mg
How to Make It
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour. Dip in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg whites, and breadcrumb mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Place 1 cup spaghetti in each of 4 gratin dishes. Spoon 1/2 cup Ultimate Quick-and-Easy Pasta Sauce over each serving. Top each with 1 chicken breast half. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Preheat broiler. Place gratin dishes on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.