This is a favorite in our household. Great flavor, great comfort food. We serve over mashed potatoes. Sometimes I use smoked paprika.
Chicken Paprikash-Topped Potatoes
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 22.9g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 619mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 12 ounces), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high 16 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken, flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture, onion, mushrooms, and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done and the sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Split potatoes open with fork; fluff pulp. Divide chicken mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This