Thick & creamy chicken served with drop dumplings
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 piece(s) Chicken breasts, legs & thighs
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter
- 3 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3 teaspoon(s) Lemon juice
- 1 pint(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 can(s) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. Melt butter in large pan. Add chicken and spdrinkel salt, paprika and lemon juice to each piece. When browned, turn and add salt paprika and lemon juice to the other side.
- 2. When chicken browned, add sliced onion and another 2 tsp paprika. Cover and simmer for 20 min.
- 3. Add 2 cups water and cook at medimum heat (low boil) until tender, about 45 min.
- 4. Remove chicken to warm oven.
- 5. Blend 1 pint sour cream (or whatever yoiu have) with water to make 1 pint
- and 1/4 cup flour.
- 6. Add to broth in pan and cook gently until thickened. Add 1 can mushrooms or fresh equivalent. Keep on low heat uncovered until serving.
- a. Mix 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 3 eggs and enough water to make the dough drop (slowly) from spoon.
- b. Bring larg pot of salted water to rolling boil.
- c. Dip spoon into boiling water then drop spoon of dough into boiling water.
- d. When dough rises to surface cook for 5 minutes.
- I. Add dumplings to broth.
- II.Serve dumplings and broth in individual bowes. Bring chicken from oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BobnKaren and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note