Loved this! Subbed spinach for the arugula but otherwise made as written. The combo of the blue cheese and fig jam was delicious. Will definitely be making this again.
Chicken Panini with Fig Jam
Jazz up sandwich night with leftover chicken and store-bought fig jam. If you do not have a sandwich press or cast-iron skillet, place a regular skillet on top of the sandwich and weigh it down with cans.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 381
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 591mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1 (8-ounce) ciabatta, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Spread jam over cut side of top half of bread. Combine cheese and butter in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Spread cheese mixture over cut side of bottom half of bread. Arrange chicken evenly over cheese mixture; sprinkle with pepper. Place top half of bread, jam side down, over chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add sandwich to pan. Place a heavy cast-iron skillet on sandwich; cook 5 minutes or until both sides are browned, turning once.
- Place arugula in a bowl. Drizzle juice over arugula; toss gently. Remove top bread half from sandwich. Arrange arugula mixture over chicken. Replace top bread half. Cut sandwich into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note