Chicken Paillard with Black Olive and Sprout Salad
Photo: Beatriz Da Costa
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 56.28mg
- Calories: 338.74
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Carbohydrate: 3.98g
- Cholesterol: 93.98mg
- Fat: 19.8g
- Fiber: 1.76g
- Iron: 2.35mg
- Protein: 35.51mg
- Saturated fat: 3.34g
- Sodium: 596.64mg
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 2 cups fresh sprouts (such as radish or alfalfa)
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar and 3 tablespoons of the oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Add the celery, onion, olives, and sprouts and toss well.
Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet, rolling pin, or bottom of a skillet to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Season the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add the chicken and saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to plates and top with the salad.
Tip: Pounding the chicken ensures that it will cook quickly and evenly. For a time-saving alternative, look for thinly sliced cutlets, available at many grocery stores. Because the pieces are smaller than standard breasts, allow 2 per person.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes