- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 (6- to 8-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked Israeli couscous
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 ounces haricots verts (French green beans), trimmed
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
How to Make It
Prepare Vinaigrette: Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth and well blended. Stir in parsley and thyme leaves. Reserve 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. vinaigrette for use in couscous and salad.
Prepare Chicken: Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to about 1/2-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag, and pour remaining vinaigrette over chicken, turning to coat. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Turn bag over after 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Couscous: Melt butter with 1 1/2 tsp. oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add couscous; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until toasted. Stir in broth. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover and fluff. Stir in 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper and reserved 2 Tbsp. vinaigrette.
Preheat oven to 400°. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165°. Let chicken stand at room temperature 5 minutes.
Prepare Salad: Cook beans in boiling salted water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Halve beans, lengthwise; toss with arugula, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/3 cup vinaigrette.
Divide couscous among 4 plates; top each with a chicken breast, and serve with salad.
We tested with Peloponnese All Natural Grande Pearl Shaped Couscous.