Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup(s) long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 cube(s) chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoing
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground saffron or tumeric
- 1 cup(s) loose-pack frozen peas
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced, roasted red bell pepper or pimento
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3. Add chicken, cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 5. Add mushrooms, rice, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is golden brown.
- 6. Stir water, bouillon, Italian seasoning, salt and saffron into rice mixture; bring to a boil.
- 7. reduce heat to medium, cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 8. Stir in peas and roasted pepper.
- 9. Spoon rice mixture into four individual casserole dishes; top each with a chicken breast.
- 10. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 11. Bake, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Paella Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes