Spicy Chicken with Orange-Chipotle Sauce
Chipotle pepper gives the sweet sauce smoky heat. The sauce goes well with side dishes such as sautéed chard or brown rice.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning or ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 boneless or bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Chopped chives or green onions
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients and 1 teaspoon salt in a large zip-top plastic storage bag. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Seal and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2. Combine marmalade and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in black pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes. Stir in chives.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note