This recipe is just too much work. I tasted good but when my husband had no interest i the leftovers the next day, I knew it was a bust. Pick something else to make.
Chicken, Red Onion, and Prosciutto-Wrapped Plum Kebabs
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 474mg
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs (cut into 32 cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 plum wedges
- 1 1/2 ounces prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 (1-inch) wedges red onion
- 8 (8-inch) skewers
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Combine chicken, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Toss. Wrap plum wedges with prosciutto. Thread chicken, basil leaves, red onion, and plums alternately onto skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 8 minutes or until chicken is done, turning skewers occasionally for an even char. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons fresh basil.
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before grilling.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note