- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup well-seasoned chicken gravy
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Combine chicken and gravy in a small saucepan; heat thoroughly.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Stir in milk, salt, and pepper. Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; gently fold into yolk mixture.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge of skillet comes out clean.
- Slide omelet onto a large warm serving platter. Spoon half of chicken mixture over omelet; fold omelet in half, and spoon remaining chicken mixture around sides. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired. Serve the omelet immediately.
- Note: For well-seasoned gravy, use any prepared gravy mix or Roast Fowl Gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch