I cut up a whole chicken and removed the skin to make this dish. It's got a great flavor, is so much faster to cook than a whole roast chicken, and looks gorgeous! The chicken stayed super-moist, and I like the quick broil at the end to brown it a bit. Will totally make again.
Chicken with Olives and Lemons
Briny olives and tart lemons combine with fresh herbs for a Mediterranean-influenced chicken dish. Serve with hot cooked orzo.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 46 Minutes
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature. Arrange chicken mixture in a broiler-safe 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano and the next 4 ingredients (through shallot); top with lemon slices. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken from oven. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- 4. Place chicken 3 inches from broiler element; broil on HIGH for 3 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note