Made this twice now. Doesn't have enough flavor. Plus, the chicken under the lemon slices poaches in lemon juice and doesn't get that charred look like in the picture.
Chicken with Olives and Lemons
Briny olives and tart lemons combine with fresh herbs for a Mediterranean-influenced chicken dish. Serve with hot cooked orzo.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 46 Minutes
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature. Arrange chicken mixture in a broiler-safe 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano and the next 4 ingredients (through shallot); top with lemon slices. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken from oven. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- 4. Place chicken 3 inches from broiler element; broil on HIGH for 3 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This