Chicken Olé Foil Supper
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, Cheddar, or Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced black olives, sour cream, guacamole
- Tear off 4 (18- x 12-inch) sheets of aluminum foil; lightly grease 1 side of each sheet.
- Place 1 chicken breast in center on lightly greased side of each foil sheet. Brush both sides of chicken evenly with oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Spoon salsa evenly over chicken. Top evenly with black beans and, if desired, corn.
- Bring together 2 sides of each foil sheet over ingredients, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Carefully open foil packets to prevent burns from hot steam. Sprinkle evenly with cheese before serving. Serve chicken with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes