- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, Cheddar, or Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced black olives, sour cream, guacamole
How to Make It
Tear off 4 (18- x 12-inch) sheets of aluminum foil; lightly grease 1 side of each sheet.
Place 1 chicken breast in center on lightly greased side of each foil sheet. Brush both sides of chicken evenly with oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Spoon salsa evenly over chicken. Top evenly with black beans and, if desired, corn.
Bring together 2 sides of each foil sheet over ingredients, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place packets on a baking sheet.
Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Carefully open foil packets to prevent burns from hot steam. Sprinkle evenly with cheese before serving. Serve chicken with desired toppings.