- Chicken nuggets:
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Potato chips:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium purple sweet potato (about 8 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium baking potato (about 8 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
How to Make It
To prepare the chicken nuggets, combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Place panko in a large skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Place panko in a zip-top plastic bag. Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg in a shallow dish; dip half of chicken in egg mixture. Add chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag; arrange chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining egg mixture, panko, and chicken. Bake chicken at 400° for 12 minutes or until done.
To prepare chips, combine oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss gently to coat. Place microwave plate over parchment paper. Cut paper to fit plate. Cover plate with parchment paper; arrange purple potato slices in a single layer over paper. Microwave at HIGH for 4 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and begin to brown. Repeat procedure with baking potatoes, reusing parchment paper.
To prepare sauce, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir to combine. Serve with chicken nuggets and potato chips.