If you're hunting for a great peanut-chicken noodle dish, this is the one! It's our family's new go-to dish. I used reviewers' suggestions for using rotisserie chicken, adding veggies (shredded carrots and sugar snap peas) and topping with crushed peanuts. My 7-year-old isn't down with spice, but he's fine with the amount of red pepper flakes the recipe calls for - glad I didn't decrease. Straight soba noodles worked great, I cooked mine in chicken broth for added flavor. Could have added more chicken and way more veggies, especially red bell pepper strips. My rotisserie chicken was a little dry, it turned out fine but next time I may slow-cooker the chicken with hoisin, broth, etc. Delicious as is, though!
Chicken and Noodles with Peanut Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 5 ounces uncooked Japanese curly noodles (chucka soba)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through crushed red pepper) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine chicken mixture and noodles in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Stir in broth mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the broth mixture and 1/4 cup green onions to noodle mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes