I am not a big lover of peanut butter, but I love this. The combination of flavors is amazing. Hubby loved it too.
Chicken and Noodles with Peanut Sauce
A thick peanut sauce makes this dish rich and satisfying. It's great served at room temperature or cold; add a touch of warm water to loosen the noodles if serving cold.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 5 ounces uncooked Japanese curly noodles (chucka soba)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through crushed red pepper) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine chicken mixture and noodles in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Stir in broth mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the broth mixture and 1/4 cup green onions to noodle mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes