Chicken-Noodle Soup with Spinach
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes. For the best flavor, use freshly grated nutmeg.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 842mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 (1-inch) cube Parmesan cheese, preferably with rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/2 cup uncooked tubetti (tiny tube-shaped pasta) or other small pasta
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add broth, chicken, Parmesan cube, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove chicken; set aside. Remove Parmesan cube; discard.
- 2. Return broth mixture to a boil. Add pasta; simmer 9 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 3. Cut chicken-breast halves into thin strips; return to soup. Stir in spinach, and simmer 1 minute or until wilted. Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls; sprinkle with 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note