This is my go-to chicken noodle soup recipe. Whenever I have a big party, this soup is my base. You can add anything to it to make it fancier, but it is delicious as it is. The tarragon really makes it something special.
Chicken Noodle Soup with Fresh Tarragon
Quality brown stock is the key to this recipe. Brown stock differs from white stock in that the chicken and vegetables spend half the time caramelizing in the oven and the other half in the stockpot flavoring the liquid. Once you have the stock made, throwing together this soup is a snap.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 373
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 47.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 851mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1/3 pound uncooked vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 8 cups Brown Chicken Stock
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh whole tarragon leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Place the stock, salt, and pepper in a large stockpot; bring to a simmer. Add chicken and tarragon; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add the pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note