Excellent easy basic Chicken Noodle Soup. I just "tweaked" it a bit. Use rotisserie chicken. Remove meat, shred what you want to put into soup. In step 2 add in the carcass and I put the skin in too and simmer 20 minutes or so. Remove the bones and skin, add the noodles - cook as directed and then at the end put the shredded chicken back in. Season with S/P and whatever else you might think is good. Poultry seasoning? Thyme? Cayenne? or nothing else. My husband asks for this to be in the fridge all the time!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Photo: Kate Sears, Food Styling: Paul Grimes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 288mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 14.5 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1-lb. bone-in chicken breast half, with skin on
- 8 ounces thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a pot, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery; season with salt. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Add broth, 8 cups water and chicken. Bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Add noodles; cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Remove skin and bone from chicken. Shred chicken; return to pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews