Chicken Noodle Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) cooking spray
- 3/4 cup(s) onion (about 1 medium size onion) chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) carrots (about 2 medium) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup(s) celery (about 3 stalks) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 cup(s) low salt chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cup(s) uncooked egg or other wide noodle
- 1 whole(s) bay leaf
- 2 cup(s) shredded chicken
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat (if have just made stock use same pot).
- Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic and salt; sauté on medium low heat for 5-10 minutes or until carrot and celery begin to soften (keep on low heat to 'sweat' the onions to add more liquid to mix).
- Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through bay leaf); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken; cook 3 minutes. Taste broth and add salt as needed.
- Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cred222 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note