- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 14.5 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1-lb. bone-in chicken breast half, with skin on
- 8 ounces thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 265
- fat 5 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- sodium 288 mg
How to Make It
In a pot, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery; season with salt. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 6 minutes.
Add broth, 8 cups water and chicken. Bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Remove chicken. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Add noodles; cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Remove skin and bone from chicken. Shred chicken; return to pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.