- 2 peeled fresh lemongrass stalks
- 6 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces uncooked wide rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- 1/3 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- Lime wedges (optional)
- calories 318
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 26.4 g
- carbohydrate 36.6 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 860 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
Lightly crush lemongrass using the side of a knife; slice stalks into 2-inch pieces. Combine lemongrass pieces, broth, and ginger in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Remove lemongrass pieces and ginger using a slotted spoon; discard.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Add chicken strips to broth; increase heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes. Add edamame, carrot, soy sauce, and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and green onions.
Divide the rice noodles evenly among each of 5 soup bowls. Ladle chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.