Sesame oil and crushed red pepper add just the right amount of zing to each serving of Chicken Noodle Bowl.
Cooking Light MAY 2013
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes. Shred.
3. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, and red pepper; cook 4 minutes. Add stock and 1 3/4 cups water; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Pour stock mixture through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Return stock mixture to pan; keep warm.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; cook 6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add mushroom mixture, chicken, soy sauce, and sugar to stock mixture; bring to a simmer.
5. Stir in sugar snap peas; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in green onions and salt. Divide pasta evenly among 4 bowls; ladle stock mixture over pasta.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of