My family loved this! I did add diced carrots to the mushroom mixture because my kids love them. Will make again soon.
Chicken Noodle Bowl
Sesame oil and crushed red pepper add just the right amount of zing to each serving of Chicken Noodle Bowl.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 56 Minutes
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 484mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces (about 4 ounces)
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes. Shred.
- 3. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, and red pepper; cook 4 minutes. Add stock and 1 3/4 cups water; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Pour stock mixture through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Return stock mixture to pan; keep warm.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; cook 6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add mushroom mixture, chicken, soy sauce, and sugar to stock mixture; bring to a simmer.
- 5. Stir in sugar snap peas; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in green onions and salt. Divide pasta evenly among 4 bowls; ladle stock mixture over pasta.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note