My family loved this! I did add diced carrots to the mushroom mixture because my kids love them. Will make again soon.
Chicken Noodle Bowl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 56 Minutes
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 484mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces (about 4 ounces)
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes. Shred.
- 3. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, and red pepper; cook 4 minutes. Add stock and 1 3/4 cups water; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Pour stock mixture through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Return stock mixture to pan; keep warm.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; cook 6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add mushroom mixture, chicken, soy sauce, and sugar to stock mixture; bring to a simmer.
- 5. Stir in sugar snap peas; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in green onions and salt. Divide pasta evenly among 4 bowls; ladle stock mixture over pasta.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note