- Honey-mustard vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut lengthwise into 6 strips
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces red potatoes (about 2)
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- calories 403
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 2.4 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 567 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
To prepare the honey-mustard vinaigrette, combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons water, and honey in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
To prepare salad, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to grill pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Cut 3 chicken strips into 1-inch pieces. Reserve remaining 3 chicken strips for another use.
Bring potatoes to a boil in a medium saucepan filled with water. Cook 18 minutes. Add green beans; cook 3 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain. Cut potatoes into wedges. Top salad greens with chopped chicken strips, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, olives, and vinaigrette.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.