Chicken Nachos with Avocado Cream
This is the ultimate versatile recipe. Serve "as is" for a simple supper, or halve the serving size and create 6 appetizer servings.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 15.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 29.1g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calcium: 338mg
- 1/2 peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 36 baked tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1. Combine mashed avocado, 1 tablespoon lime juice, sour cream, and salt. Cover avocado mixture, and chill.
- 2. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, shredded chicken, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, and toss gently.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 4. Divide tortilla chips among 3 individual ovenproof plates on a large baking sheet. Top each plate with 2/3 cup chicken mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Bake nachos at 425° for 6 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons avocado cream. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you prefer, microwave individual servings at HIGH 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note