Great Recipe! I used just raw onion instead of cooking them first. They cooked enough for my family in the oven. Even my 16 yr. old liked it!
Chicken 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake
More From Southern Living
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl, and set aside.
- 4. Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- 5. Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 6. Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
- Sausage 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake: Substitute 3 cups cooked, crumbled hot Italian sausage for 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts. Reduce salt to 1/4 tsp., and omit 1/2 tsp. pepper. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note