Chicken 'n' Sage Dumplings
Start with the convenience of frozen vegetables, all-purpose baking mix, and skinned and boned chicken breasts.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 (14 1/2-oz.) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 1/3 cups reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Add mixed vegetables, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Stir together baking mix and next 4 ingredients until blended. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into slowly boiling mixture in Dutch oven. (Don't let dumplings touch.) Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking. Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note