- 4 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 12 baby carrots, peeled
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson), divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- calories 445
- fat 15.8 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 8.6 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 38.6 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 162 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 709 mg
- calcium 60 mg
How to Make It
Place a jelly-roll pan in oven. Preheat oven to 425° (leave jelly-roll pan in oven as it preheats).
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss well to coat. Add vegetable mixture to preheated pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden and almost tender, stirring once.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper evenly over both sides of chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake chicken at 425° for 10 minutes or until done. Remove from pan, and let stand 10 minutes.
Return skillet to stovetop over medium-high heat. Add wine, thyme sprigs, and rosemary sprig; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 10 minutes). Place flour in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup stock and mustard; add to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add remaining 1 cup stock and vegetable mixture to pan. Bring to a simmer; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chopped parsley and chopped thyme. Serve chicken with sauce and vegetables.