this was very tasty. leftovers were great too! i used white mushrooms, and made my own noodles. (which thickened the broth with their flour coating). i love tarragon and put a lot in. (had dried). could have used even more. chicken and tarragon just go together!! added onions of course…… this recipe from 11/2006. only difference, it calls for just pre sliced mushrooms.
Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
Put this Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce recipe together in less than 25 minutes, probably without a trip to the store. It's adaptable to your pantry--if you don't have egg noodles, use another kind of pasta, and if you're out of tarragon, try basil, oregano, or thyme.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 350
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26.5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 4 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken breast halves in a shallow dish. Combine 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken; toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Place about 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light November, 2006 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note