- 4 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- calories 350
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 6.2 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 34.3 g
- carbohydrate 26.5 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 99 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 502 mg
- calcium 91 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken breast halves in a shallow dish. Combine 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken; toss to coat.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Place about 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light November, 2006 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.