Love this recipe... Family loves this recipe!
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Steamed snow peas or broccoli tossed with soy sauce and sesame seeds makes a nice side for this dish.
Yield: 3 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 59.5mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 568mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake or button mushroom caps (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 9 ounces)
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice; cook uncovered, 10 minutes. Drain rice in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup broth; set the rice and broth aside.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onions, vinegar, garlic, and ginger; saute for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, sauté 2 minutes. Stir in rice, reserved broth, and chicken. Cook 3 minutes or until the liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes