Just ok. I've had better CL paninis. If I make them again, I'll use pepperjack cheese to give them a little more flavor. The mushrooms were good though. Maybe a little steak sauce in place of the capers and tomatoes. Hmmmm.....
Chicken and Mushroom Panini
Gooey cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and earthy mushrooms join chicken for a tasty sandwich you can quickly prepare in a grill pan or panini press.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 474
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Carbohydrate: 49.9g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 974mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 8 ounces chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 4 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise, tomatoes, and capers in a mini food processor; pulse until well combined. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each of 4 bread slices; top each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, 2 ounces chicken, 1 cheese slice, and 1 bread slice.
- 3. Heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten sandwiches. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches