I thought this was a great way to use leftover grilled chicken breasts. The watermelon salad was a hit with my kids and was refreshing on a hot summer's night. I would definitely make this again!
Chicken, Mushroom, and Gruyere Quesadillas
Build on the traditional Mexican classic by adding fun new ingredients like sliced mushrooms and a different creamy cheese. Watermelon-jicama salad is a refreshing side dish for this easy summer dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 391mg
- Calcium: 242mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 (10-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms, sliced onion, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add vinegar; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 2. Arrange half of mushroom mixture over half of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup arugula, and 1/4 cup cheese; fold tortillas in half.
- 3. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tortillas to pan. Place a heavy skillet on top of tortillas; cook 2 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Watermelon-jicama salad: Combine 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed seedless watermelon, 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled jicama, 1 cup chopped English cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped red onion. Add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon olive oil; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note