YUMMY! Loved this as did my hubby. Didn't have arugula so used fresh baby spinach instead, also didn't make the salsa but it sure sounds delightful. Will definitely make these again.
Chicken, Mushroom, and Gruyere Quesadillas
Build on the traditional Mexican classic by adding fun new ingredients like sliced mushrooms and a different creamy cheese. Watermelon-jicama salad is a refreshing side dish for this easy summer dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 391mg
- Calcium: 242mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 (10-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms, sliced onion, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add vinegar; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 2. Arrange half of mushroom mixture over half of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup arugula, and 1/4 cup cheese; fold tortillas in half.
- 3. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tortillas to pan. Place a heavy skillet on top of tortillas; cook 2 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Watermelon-jicama salad: Combine 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed seedless watermelon, 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled jicama, 1 cup chopped English cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped red onion. Add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon olive oil; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note