Chicken, Mushroom, and Gruyere Quesadillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 (10-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Cooking spray
- calories 270
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 25.2 g
- carbohydrate 20.3 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 391 mg
- calcium 242 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms, sliced onion, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add vinegar; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates.
Arrange half of mushroom mixture over half of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup arugula, and 1/4 cup cheese; fold tortillas in half.
Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tortillas to pan. Place a heavy skillet on top of tortillas; cook 2 minutes on each side or until crisp.
Watermelon-jicama salad: Combine 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed seedless watermelon, 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled jicama, 1 cup chopped English cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped red onion. Add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon olive oil; toss well.