Good recipe, I also added 1 can of drained black beans to the onion mixture. Served them with sour cream, salsa and guacomole.
Chicken, Mushroom, and Cheese Quesadillas
Using preshredded cheese and presliced mushrooms makes these quesadillas a snap to prepare.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 quesadilla)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 38.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.3g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 759mg
- Calcium: 429mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preshredded light Mexican cheese blend (such as Sargento)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to pan, and sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, jalapeño, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Sprinkle each tortilla with about 1/3 cup cheese. Arrange 1/2 cup mushroom mixture over one-half of each tortilla. Arrange chicken evenly over mushroom mixture. Carefully fold each tortilla in half. Add 2 quesadillas to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note