Excellant for chicken eaters.
Chicken, Mushroom and Spinach Alfredo Lasagna
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 7 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg freshly grated
- 1 pound(s) spinach stemmed, washed, blanched and roughly chopped
- 3 cup(s) parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon(s) Essence recipe follows
- 1 pound(s) lasagna noodles no-boil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter cut into 8 pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried thyme
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often until the mushrooms are browned and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and saute until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, to make a light roux, about 2 minutes. Whisking constantly, slowly add the milk and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper, nutmeg, spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the bechamel sauce until ready to assemble the lasagna.
- Set a large, 12-inch saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Season the chicken with the Essence and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and place in the hot pan. Sear the chicken, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool and set aside. When cool, cut into bite size pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 9 by 13 by 3-inch casserole with olive oil, and spread about 1/2 cup of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of the dish. Lay 3 sheets of pasta across the bottom of the dish and spread 3/4 cup of the bechamel sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle 1/4 of the chicken over the bechamel sauce, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the remaining Parmesan. Lay another 3 sheets of pasta over the chicken. Repeat 2 additional times with the remaining bechamel sauce, chicken, Parmesan, and pasta, ending with a layer of pasta covered with bechamel sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan over the bechamel sauce and scatter the butter pieces over the top. Place the casserole on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake, uncovered, until bubbly and well browned, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Note: You may need slightly less than the entire package of lasagna noodles, depending on the pan used for the casserole. Also, you may be able to fit more than 3 pieces of pasta in each layer, depending. The pasta can be broken into smaller pieces to fill in the gaps.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AymelaCakes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note