Chicken Miso Soup with Ramen Noodles
Cooks Country Feb/March 2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, whie and green parts separated
- 2 T. minced fresh ginger
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 6 c. vegetable broth
- 1/3 c. red or white miso
- Stir in:
- 8 oz (2 c.) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. canned sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 c. canned baby corn, drained
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 1 pkg. ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 2 c. baby spinach
- Heat oil in lg. pot over med-high heat; add scallion whites, ginger and garlic. Cook mixture until beginning to brown, about 3 min.
- Add broth and simmer about 10 min. Pour 1 c. warm broth into a small bowl; whisk in miso until dissolved. Stir broth-miso mixture back into pot; reduce heat to med-low and keep broth at a simmer.
- Stir in chicken, bamboo, corn, carrot and noodles; cook until chicken and vegetables are heated through and ramen noodles are tender (about 3-5 min.). Off heat, stir in spinach. Garnish with green scallions.
- 211 calories per serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Miso Soup with Ramen Noodles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes