My family loved this. They enjoyed the chicken--particularly the thinness and the crispness of the chicken. My boys (10 & 13) even liked the simple dressing for the greens. I too did the search for the orzo recipe and that was a hit as well. We rarely have orzo and the precooking of the orzo really brought out the flavor. We will definitely make this again.
Chicken Milanese with Spring Greens
Create a healthy, kid-friendly meal by slicing the chicken into "fingers" and serving over a colorful salad.
Yield: 2 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 45.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 539mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Dash of sugar
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups packed spring mix salad greens
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1. Combine juice, vinegar, shallots, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and sugar; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- 3. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg white. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on a wire rack; let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes or until browned and done.
- 5. Add 2 teaspoons oil and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to shallot mixture; stir with a whisk. Add greens; toss gently. Place 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup salad on each of 2 plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes