- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Dash of sugar
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups packed spring mix salad greens
- 2 lemon wedges
- calories 402
- fat 15.4 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 9 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 45.9 g
- carbohydrate 17.7 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 102 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 539 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Combine juice, vinegar, shallots, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and sugar; let stand 15 minutes.
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg white. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on a wire rack; let stand 5 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes or until browned and done.
Add 2 teaspoons oil and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to shallot mixture; stir with a whisk. Add greens; toss gently. Place 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup salad on each of 2 plates. Serve with lemon wedges.