- 1/4 cup(s) sake
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) raw sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 pound(s) coarsely ground chicken
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- Finely grated zest of 1 yuzu or lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sake, soy sauce, sugar and ¼ cup of the mirin; boil until reduced to ¾ cup, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine the chicken, salt, shallot, zest and the remaining 2 tablespoons of mirin. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Form the chicken mixture into 24 meatballs. Brush the meatballs with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and arrange them on the baking sheet. Bake for about 6 minutes, until the meatballs are barely cooked through.
- 3. Light a grill. Thread the meatballs onto 8 bamboo skewers and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and brush the meatballs with the sauce. Grill, turning, and brushing, until glazed, 30 seconds longer. Serve with the remaining sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note