Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola
Chicken topped with melting Gorgonzola is quick enough for weeknight cooking, but also elegant enough for a dinner party. Submitted by Jill Anderson, published in Taste of Home February 2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Plus 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound(s) Sliced baby portobella mushrooms
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 cup(s) Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup(s) Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken in 2 Tbsp oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170 degrees. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet sauté mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook one minute longer.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note