Chicken Marsala II
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 ounce(s) sour cream, light
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground oregano
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1 dash(es) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 breasts, bone and skin removed chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) pieces or slices mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced onions
- 1. Cut the chicken into 2 1/2 to 3" pieces (almost like half a chicken tender).
- 2. Put olive oil into a large skillet pan and heat up to medium-high.
- 3. Add chicken pieces to the hot pan and sprinkle with ground oregano (flakes will work but the taste is a bit better with ground), sea salt, and pepper. Cover and let saute` for about 3 minutes.
- 4. Turn the chicken pieces over, add the mushrooms and onions tucked all around the chicken pieces. Sprinkle whole dish with remaining oregano, sea salt, and pepper. Cover and let saute` for another 4 minutes or so.
- 5. Stir until all onions, mushrooms, and chicken appear to be tender, usually about a total of 7-8 minutes.
- 6. Turn down to about medium heat and add the marsala wine, give it a rapid simmer for another 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of low fat sour cream, stir in, cover and take the dish off the burner to allow to cool some.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hartze14 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note